E and Me!

Evie and I are very busy people, and in attempt to keep everyone across the country updated, I've started a blog!

July 26, 2008

Ahhaa!


This past week, Evie attended Vacation Bible School (VBS) at Reformation Evangelical Lutheran Church and School. This is Valerie's church and also the school Evie will be attending this fall for kindergarten.
This years curriculum for VBS was called Power Lab. It centered around the ways that God gives us power in our every day lives, and was science centered. They decorated all around the church, including the sanctuary.
The kids learned 3 songs that they sang during church this morning. They also learned a responsive prayer about God. "God gives us the power to forgive!" "Aha!!!!"..."God gives us the power to be thankful!" "AHA!!!" etc etc. The pastor worked that into his sermon this morning and all the VBS kids in the congregation cheered "AHA!" every time.
Here's some pictures, including one of the famous BEAKER. Evie has talked quite vivedly about filling this beaker with balloons and how it's going to overflow. I couldn't quite understand why they were filling it, and every time I tried to ask I got the exasperated "MOM!" like I should already know...(yippee for the teen years that I can see coming already). But today I learned that the kids were putting balloons in the beaker for every challange they completed during the week. And during our service today, it did overflow!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That's neat! Sounds like a school Evie's really going to enjoy.